Information about the studies
Events of atmospheric chemistry for the course of studies "Master of Chemistry"
You will find the description of the course in the module manual (pdf).
Further details about Master of Chemistry can be found at the following link.
Modul MChS22: Atmospheric chemistry
2nd and 3rd semester
Responsible for the module: Thorsten Benter
2nd course semester
Lecture "Chemistry of the atmosphere"
Responsible: Thorsten Benter
- Introduction to atmospheric dynamics
- Radiation budget and spectrum
- Composition of the atmosphere
- Chemistry of the troposphere
- Introduction to heterogeneous chemistry
- Overview of the chemistry of the stratosphere
3rd course semester
a) Lecture "System Biosphere - Atmosphere"
Responsible: Peter Wiesen
- Material cycles and balance of trace substances
- Dry deposition
- Vegetable emissions
- Degradation of environmental chemicals
b) Practical Course "Investigation of Atmospheric Processes"
Responsible: Jörg Kleffmann
- Gas phase chemistry
- Heterogeneous processes
- Field measurements
- Computer-aided modeling
Compact course atmospheric chemistry
Community event with the research center Jülich and the University of Cologne.
Lectures and exercises on many areas of atmospheric chemistry will be conducted within one week at the research center Jülich. Accommodation and meals are provided in Jülich.
Last modified: 24.11.2022